Botox is a prescription drug used to reduce wrinkles in the skin. Injections of botulinum toxin A are used to relax muscles. This medication works by blocking nerve impulses from reaching the muscles, which prevents them from contracting for a brief period. Botox treatments are most commonly given on the forehead, between the brows, and around the eyes, though also available for other areas, including chin and neck wrinkles.
Everyone knows Botox is fantastic for reducing wrinkles but did you know it can do a lot more, as some effects of botox before and after? Long gone are the days of the needle cringe. Thanks to advancements in technology, there are various ways to prevent certain types of wrinkles from forming in the first place. But before any injections happen, here are a few pre-care pointers to keep in mind.
Botox Pre Treatment Tips –
- To optimize the result of an injection, the injections should be performed at least one week after you have stopped taking your acne medication. During this time, collagen production is lower, so you must avoid taking cold and flu medications.
- Avoid swimming or going to the beach while your skin is injected because extreme temperatures will trigger further skin contraction, resulting in less than optimal.
- If you feel the requirement for a little TLC around the eyes, such as dark circles and fine lines, use an eye cream to prevent your skin from drying out.
- The ideal number of injections is 3-5 per session on each side of your face, with one week in between each session.
- Pour a few drops of oil into your palm and massage before and after treatment to improve the overall results.
- Many people prefer to use the gel form of Botox, and if this is the case, it is crucial to apply a moisturizer after treatment to prevent further bruising.
- Avoid contact lens use for at least 6-8 weeks after treatment for optimal results.
Botox Post Treatment Tips –
- It is essential to moisturize your skin in the immediate post-injection period because when Botox-treated muscles are injected into the skin, collagen production goes up by about 20 percent in the area of injection. It is essential because you get the best results from Botox treatments. It will last for about 3-4 months, after which collagen production will return to normal levels.
- This increase in collagen production also causes swelling around the skin as new cells are created to cover up any gaps. This new skin will return to normal, and you must continue the post-injection treatment system of moisturizing, avoiding makeup and sunscreen, and changing your pillowcases.
- You should not use Botox on the same area again for another 4-6 weeks to avoid excessive swelling.
- If you are paying for Botox in a clinic, before getting a treatment in a professional’s hands, ask them what the best way to use it for the best results is.
- It is suggested that you use the gel form of Botox instead of the cream form because, with the cream form, the effects are longer lasting.
- It is important to drink plenty of water for at least a week after treatment to ensure your skin does not become dehydrated.
- Botox can be pricey, and you may want to ask your doctor or clinic about financing options before treatment if this is a concern for you.
Botox can improve the appearance of your skin, but you need to take care before, during, and after treatment so that you can get the maximum benefits. The right mix of good health, nutrition, and exercise can create a beautiful look that is healthy, vibrant, and youthful. Botox can be an essential part of any anti-aging treatment program, but to get the results you desire, it is best to follow these guidelines for treatment to ensure you get the most out of your skin. Botox has been called a revolutionary drug in the cosmetic industry. Because it is so effective in reducing wrinkles, many people are quickly growing dependent on it for improving their appearance.