Do you know what delta 8 THC is? Do you have any questions about delta 8 THC? Is it possible that it’s Marijuana? Or are you unsure about this?
To learn everything there is to know about delta 8 THC, see here.
What is THC? Is it Marijuana?
The hemp cannabis derivative delta 8 THC, sometimes known as delta 8, has been available in New York for almost a year. It exists on the boundary between marijuana and THC, which has a psychoactive effect on consumers but is not psychoactive.
Is THC and marijuana same?
It isn’t the same as marijuana. In New York, cannabis products are officially legal. Hemp and marijuana are both members of the cannabis family, although hemp has less THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), the chemical that gives marijuana its high. However, as the name implies, delta 8 is a kind of THC.
Why it is creating buzz in New York?
- Even though New York has approved adult recreational marijuana usage, a shadow of uncertainty remains over Delta 8. Both are connected: Marijuana is classified as Delta 9 THC.
- For the past two months, it’s been gaining traction around the country, particularly in New York. Many local establishments that offer CBD and other hemp products now have it on their shelves. It comes in solid forms that can be smoked, vaped, or consumed.
- Retail sales of legal marijuana in New York cannot begin until the state issues laws and permits.
- The justification for those rules appears to be that Delta 8 may be made by a chemical process known as isomerization, making it a state-sanctioned synthetic. The new restrictions were out for public comment until July, but the Health Department did not act on them, according to a department spokesman.
- The US Food and Drug Administration recently published an advisory titled “Delta 8 THC poses substantial health concerns.” Delta 8 has not been “examined or authorised by the FDA for safe use,” according to the statement.
- Between January 2018 and July 31, 2021, poison control centres across the country received 661 “exposure cases” related to Delta-8 THC products, according to the FDA alert. There were 22 “adverse event reports” associated to Delta 8 in the advisory, which resulted in 14 hospitalizations.
- New York’s state health department might still approve a Delta 8 ban at any time. Several other states have already legalised marijuana, including Colorado, which was the first to do so.
- However, the state of New York’s marijuana, THC, and other types of cannabis will soon be regulated by the new Office of Cannabis Management and the state Cannabis Control Board, rather than the Health Department. Those agencies are still in the process of being established. After that, they’ll develop laws and give licences for all elements of the cannabis industry, including retail sales.
THC cartridges are generating quite a stir in New York. In places like New York, it is employed as a recreational activity.