Taking the fun to the next level
The love for food runs within the family, and it can be attributed to various outings and sessions centred around it. One of such activities is grilling. Done either outdoor or on the rooftop, the smoked and grilled items are delicacies that can be munched without any second thoughts. And when it comes to grilling, the most popular equipment to be used is Kamado Ceramic Grill. Having the all-in-one properties- grill, smoke, roast, bake, and sear, it offers the perfect blend of flavours to your regular food.
Read on to learn More Details on it.
A minor briefing
As goes by the name, Kamado is a Japanese term that means stove, and hence its roots can be traced to ancient Japan. Starting from the basic stove design, it was metamorphosed into portable grills by the US during the second world war, and with time finally got the egg-shaped structure that one witness today.
Some of the interesting properties of this equipment include the following:
- Structure made up of ceramic majorly. However, some models are made up of stainless steel and aluminium.
- Has the perfect radiation properties to warm up the food and retain the heat, thus making it crunchy and rendering the perfect flavours.
- A detailed mechanism of heat and smoke enters through the cooking chamber to the top, where the raw food is kept, and then passes around to bake the item.
- Variable design of the grates to accommodate the varying styles of cooking amongst the people.
With such versatile properties, it becomes easy to handle Kamado grills.
Styles of cooking
As an owner of Kamado ceramic grill, you can implement either of the cooking styles:
- Searing and standard grilling, which requires a high amount of heat, and cooks directly to produce the required flavours and browning of the food. It is one of the primary USPs looked upon by the people before purchasing any grill.
- Roasting and baking can be achieved by using the heat deflector and generating indirect heat (which is the primary mechanism for these activities).
- Crunching to create pizzas and other baked items that have this finish at the end.
- Smoking, which has almost similar requirements as that of grilling and searing.
Therefore, Kamado is quite popular in the market, as it replaces the requirement of keeping separate units for each operation.
Things to be taken care of
To effectively use the Kamado Ceramic Grill, one needs to follow some of the handy tips. As a result, the heat generated would be used efficiently in cooking, and there would not be any major wastage. The following points elucidate it:
- Always keep your setup clean and tidy. It avoids the leftovers getting stuck on your food and prevents the grates from looking dull or oily. It can be done by preheating the grill before any activity to easily scrape the sticky particles or stirring the charcoal activity at the end of every operation to remove the burns and residues stuck within the vents.
As an alternate, refer to the user manual for more tips related to cleaning.
- Keep all of the required tools handy and near you while cooking. The major ones include tongs and spatula to hold the food during preparation, a basket to prevent the food from falling during cooking, a brush to apply the sauce and oils on the grill, heat-resistant gloves for safer usage, etc. thermometer for checking the required temperatures.
- Use the perfect burning fuel for the operations, i.e. lump wood charcoal. It does not leave major ash residue and offers very clean burning without hampering the environment. Also, the lump wood type aids in maintaining a stable temperature throughout the cooking phase.
- One of the keys to effectively use the griller is by properly lighting the Kamado. This includes flipping the lid and opening the vent to allow efficient burning, using a blow dryer to fan the charcoal until it attains the required temperature or chimney starters. Please do not use any fluids to burn, as it can leave nasty touches on the equipment.
- Refer to the user manual for dos and don’ts with the equipment. This would allow a safer use.
On an ending note, it is very important to use Kamado efficiently to get the required tastes. Click over here to get More Details.